Friday, June 28, 2013

Amanda Lawrence - June DT Share

Can you believe that in just 2 short days June will be over?!?! Half the year gone and now we're on the quick downhill slide to Christmas {eep yes I did just say the dreaded 'C' word}
Things have been crazy here behind the scenes at D-lish. End of June means end of financial year so it was time to get those dreaded accounts in order. For the record, I will NEVER EVER leave it that long again! Lesson learnt people, lesson learnt! lol

I haven't had any time to scrap, and I am really in need of some creative time, but I do have some lovely D-lish laden pieces that I haven't shared before which I'd love to share with you all today :)

First up is 'Something so sweet about you'


This layout is based on sketch #94 from Inspired Blueprints. I've used papers from Jilibean Soup and lots of yummy D-lish products to embellish.



I used my MoTEX tape writer to print some text for my mixed typography title. I simply cut 'v's in the end to give them a banner effect. The large cluster is made up of a Vintage Rose in sky, a yellow Forget-Me-Not and a few resin pieces from the grab bags


I made the title area by inking and stamping over a word sticker inside a heart shaped mask I made. When I was finished I peeled the sticker off and outlined the shapes in black pen. The chipboard word 'sweet' is from Memory Maze and is available in the store. We have a large range of these wonderful little words available. They range in price from 60-80 cents and can be purchased singularly. I also used one of the Memory Maze little chipboard hearts which I covered with washi tape.


I added some splatters of ink and some scattered sequins to the background. This smaller embellishment cluster has yet another Memory Maze chipboard piece, the butterfly which are also available in the store. I finished off the cluster with another Forget-Me-Not and a Petite resin rose from the grab bag.

The next layout I'd like to share is titled 'Little artist at work'


This layout is also based on an Inspired Blueprints sketch #96.


I've used a Small Rose and a Felt Blossom as part of my embellishment cluster on this layout. You can also just see in the background a few of the 3mm Rainbow Rhinestones that I added to the splatters.


Here you can see the Bold Black Chevron Arrow washi which as you can see makes a bold statement. I simply cut around the arrow shape printed on the tape. This pattern was so popular we have restocked it in the store just this week. There are other colours available too in the same design.


More MoTEX strips to make up my title. Can you tell I love this effect?! 

My last layout I'd like to share with you today is called 'Feel the waves wash over your toes'


I used hardly any patterned paper at all for this layout. Instead I went for a mixed media style background with layers of stencilling, stamping and flicks of mist.


The main embellishment cluster is made up of a mini doiley which I have dyed yellow to match, a single bloom called Sublime in aqua, a starfish cabochon and some sequins.


I went for hidden style journaling and the Journal It's Library cards and Library pocket template are perfect for this. Using the template you can make the pocket out of patterned paper to match your page.


For photos of a day at the beach, the 'Hello Sunshine' flair from the Speech Bubble pack was the perfect finishing touch!

Thanks for stopping by
Amanda x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages, and don't you love it that you can wrap the books up for another year soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such a lot of work and some beautiful projects, love the little starfish, it really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! Always wonderful to see your gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful pages Amanda!..love the colours combos ;)

    ReplyDelete