Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May DT Inspiration with Michelle

Hi

I hope everyone is warm and dry inside - here in NZ we are having a cold snap and it sure is starting to feel like winter!

For my latest DT inspiration -  I have two layouts and an OTP to share with you all.  I can honestly say I am having so much fun with all the new products that have arrived in store lately.  Each month I have so much I want to choose and it is hard not to have all the gorgeous products come and live with me at my house.  

On my first layout I have used canvas cuts two ways.  First, I have used a heart and a star in their natural form - I layered these two pieces so that the star is offset inside the heart and one of my favourite ways to adhere my embellishments is to actually staple them!  I love how using the staple in the middle of the star adds another element to the embellishment cluster.  I have also covered two butterfly canvas cuts with sequins to give them a sparkly girly effect.  This is also super easy to do - I covered the entire canvas cut with a clear glue by Helmar and then just stuck the sequins down until I was happy with the coverage.  Another thing I find I am doing a lot of my layouts at the moment is cutting embellishments in two and slipping them under my photos in two parts which I have done this with the pink scalloped calendar.   Last of all I have included some cute grey chevron washi tape under my heart cut out that I made on my Silhouette Cameo. 
Close ups:


I had lots of fun with mist and masks on my next layout - I use texture paste a lot on my layouts and here I have used the texture paste as glue to randomly place the sequins onto my page.  I created my title by using a mix of the chipboard that can be found in store.  I first misted the small chipboard hearts with silver mist and then added the 'adore' chipboard word on to the top of the hearts.  I was super excited to get some of the new Freckled Fawn products and my new Motex last month and loved adding the little arrow and camera paper clips and of course the Motex made my journaling so quick and easy too. 
Close up of the chipboard title. 

My last share is banner I made for youngest daughter Aimee to go above her cot in her room.  I really wanted to make it girly, flowery and fun.  I created the base of the pennant banner itself using a combination of a banner shape cut out on my Silhouette Cameo as well as a the pennant die by Nestabilities,  on top of this I have  layered lots of repetitive elements from my stash of D-lish products.

Close ups of the individual pennants:



That's all from me for another month.  I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post and I can't wait to reveal my new creations in another post soon.

//Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment