Wednesday, May 1, 2013

DT Share with Michelle

Hi everyone

I'm super excited to share with you my latest creations using the gorgeous embellishments at  D-lish Scraps 

This month I have used lots of the new gorgeous chipboard products that D-lish has in store.  Chipboard is a great way of adding depth and interest to your layout and is such a versatile product.  On my first layout I have used chipboard clouds, a wee key and the word 'friends' on my layout.  I have just kept the decoration of the chipboard really simple and gave it a light mist with my silver Mister Hueys.   Another big hot trend at the moment is the use of sequins.  Instead of just adhering them to my page I have a filled a wee Glassine bag with a few sequins before sealing and slipping it under my other embellishments on the page.  
Products used: Paper Doiley 16cm round, Chipboard Pack - Clouds, Gardenias - Turquoise, Canvas Cuts Scallops, Loose Cup Sequin Mix - Pastel, Chipboard Mini Key, Tutu Bloom White, Chipboard Mini Word Script - friends

Close ups:


My second layout combines some gorgeous chipboard, super cool flair and lots of little embellishments.   One of my favourite things to do with chipboard is to mist it so on this layout I decided to mist one of my stars onto the 'hello' card at the bottom of my photo to create a little negative star mask.  I then used the misted stars on the right hand side of my layout to create a nice little visual triangle.

 Close up of the misting.  A tip when you are trying to mist a small concentrated area, get quite close to the area you want to mist and then give your mister one sharp quick pump.  

Close up of flair, PVC doiley and misted chipboard stars.

My next layout I really wanted to make the star canvas cuts the focal point of the layout and to draw your eye into the photo of my gorgeous daughter.  I kept the canvas cuts in their raw form and added just a couple of staples to hold them in place.  One of my other favourite products is seam binding - did you know that D-lish stocks a whole range of hand dyed seam binding?  I just love how you can add a wee bow here and there to add texture and interest to my pages.   Again I have used a couple more of the word burst flairs.  I have used lots of these flairs on my layouts and I still seem to have more left - they are just such a cost effective embellishment!  
Products used: Canvas Cuts Stars, Washi Tape Bird on a Wire, Flair - Word Burst - Pastels, Seam Binding - Teal

That's all from me today, I hope I have enjoyed my post and my layouts.  Thanks for stopping by!
//Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful work Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages Michelle! Love seeing how you've used all the d-lish delights :)

    ReplyDelete