Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DT Inspiration - Michelle Whorwood

Hi again,

Gosh the months are just flying by and it is my turn again to share some D-lish inspiration today.

Last month I was super excited to see Canvas Cuts restocked and I shopped up large and got a whole lot in my DT kit.  One of the things I love to do when I scrapbook is to layer and create interest on my pages and the Canvas Cuts are just a perfect way to do this without adding too much bulk to your page but still giving you lots of gorgeous texture.

I just adore the first layout I'm going to share with you.  It is not often that I create without using any patterned paper but I just wanted to showcase all the gorgeous embellishments on this one.  I applied texture paste directly to my white cardstock and adhered to it the Canvas Cuts - Scallops - to create more texture I didn't stick them down flat but instead just folded it over in places to add further interest. I added a bow made from seam binding (lots of amazing hand dyed seam binding available here), the cutest little resin butterflies and a cute sweetheart flair to finish.

This next layout that I'm going to share combines the new Crate Paper Maggie Holmes collection  with D-lish - which work so well together.  On this layout I have used the Canvas Cuts - Butterflies which are amazing just in their natural state and I added another couple of resin butterflies from the grab bag (see link above) onto the largest canvas cut butterfly. One of my other favourite products at the moment is the doiley and I have used one of the D-lish Paper Doileys - 16cm Round underneath my embellishment cluster at the base of my photo.  These doileys are a super cost effective way of adding interest and depth to your layouts!  Lastly I finished off the layout with some bling and added some Adhesive Pearls in blue.
   Little details:

My last layout I'm going to share with you today has a vintage girly feel to it.  I just adore D-lish roses and every month I get more colours to add to my growing collection.  This layout features both pink and white roses from the mixed packs of different sized flowers.  When I create flower clusters I tend to use flowers of varying sizes as this creates a larger focal point (the biggest rose) along with smaller accompanying roses to add interest.  The mixed sized flower packs are just perfect for creating this type of look on your layouts.  I have had to cheat slightly this month as I ran out of pink flowers for this layout so the top flower cluster on the right actually has three white roses but I have inked the two smaller white roses with pink ink to make them look like the pink roses at the bottom of my photo.  This is super easy to do.  All you need is the right colour ink and a small sponge to dab the ink onto the flowers.  Here I just wanted to create a partially pink flower and to leave some parts of it still white like the original pink roses from the mixed pack.  

One of the latest products for March (have you seen all the cool new products that have just been loaded!!) is the cute little mini rosebuds.  These rosebuds come on a metal wire which is bendable.  I have added some of the rosebuds into my flower clusters by winding them around the base of the roses and bending them so that they sit just outside of the flowers (see close up below).  
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today and I hope you have been inspired to get creating with some of the gorgeous D-lish embellishments that are available in store today!!  
Take care
//Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment