Monday, April 22, 2013

April Design Team Share with Sharmaine

image

Have you met the 9th wonder of the world yet??
I bet you have roll or two in your scrap supplies!
Washi tape!!
Oh I love thee!
And because you are probably just like me, and have oodles of the gorgeous stuff, you are probably wondering how you can use it up so you don’t have to feel the associated guilt that comes from having so many rolls.
Am I right??
So why not use washi tape to alter alphas?

IMG_6070

Just tear a strip of tape and place it on your alpha (I’ve used some Pink Paislee wood alphas)

IMG_6072

The strips don’t have to line up or be the same thickness.
Just cover the whole alpha.

IMG_6073

Then, using scissors or a craft knife, cut off the excess tape

IMG_6075

and fold the sides down.

IMG_6076

Easy!!
And it’s such a quick, mess-free and effective way to alter alphas and use up your washi tape.
You can see how I altered all the wood alphas in my title

IMG_6083
on this monochrome page.

IMG_6078

I also used a mini mirror butterfly

IMG_6080

Bright Heart Button
Bright Star Button
and a mini white PVC Doily that I altered with some blue mist

IMG_6082

Have you noticed the trend to use metallics?
D-lish have some very cool gold washi tapes available in store right now
and I’ve used the fun triangle washi tape on this page, inspired by the April Kraft It Up Challenge

IMG_6092

I’ve also used some silver photo corners, as arrows,
along with some pops from the Rhinestone Grab Bag
and some fun buttons from the Tiny Retro Round Button Grab Bag

IMG_6095

I’ve added a resin grid button 

IMG_6096

and finished off my page with a gorgeous white velvet leaf

IMG_6097

and the last page I have to share with you I made using some of my all time favourite D-lish Scraps products

IMG_6108

The pops of colour from some mini crochet doilies topped with a resin flower just make me smile!

IMG_6109

I’ve used some PVC Doilies, for some patches of white

IMG_6110

and some sweet metal daisies for a dash of fun.

IMG_6111

Hope you’ve found something fun in my post.
Happy creating.
Sharmaine

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to cover those ancient big chipboard letters that I have been looking at for so long. Love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh there is so much here that I love! All such great ideas!!! But I will definitely be using washi to cover chipboard and soooo stealing the photo corner idea. Brilliant stuff!!

    ReplyDelete