Thursday, February 21, 2013

Raquel Bowman - February DT Share


Raquel's Blog: A Blessed Life 

Hello everyone, today I am back to share with you my creations for this month using the gorgeous D-lish Scraps products. 

My first layout is one I created for the February Show Us Your Stuff challenge. It highlights how much I love to be in my crafty space creating :)

Layout title: Love 2 Create

REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION

If you like the look of some of the products I have used on this layout you can purchase them by clicking the links below :)

D-lish Products used: 
Other:White cardstock, kraft cardstock, black card stock, Dear Lizzy Patterned Paper, Dear Lizzy diecuts, A Piece of Cake Designs 'Cherry Flair', American Crafts thickers, October Afternoon Journal Sticker, Staples, Black Thread

Now for some close ups to really 'show off' these gorgeous products!

The gorgeous pale pink resin bird with a couple of individual sequins from the sequin string.


The heart button and gorgeous resin flower cluster (I am really loving these! Can you tell?)


An embellishment cluster which features a mini resin rose, a pink/white forget me not, a metal feather charm and a lovely pink carnation.

For my next layout I decided to use the lovely D-lish products to highlight a newborn photo of my baby girl. I have a couple of photos to demonstrate how I managed to make the FWAB Chloe Flourish seem like it is flowing across the page too further down this post. 
Layout title: 2 Days Old

REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION


Products used:

D-lish Scraps Products used:

Other: 
Teresa Collins patterned paper, Crate Paper patterned paper, American Crafts Silver, Glitter Paper, Staples, Twine

Close up of D-lish Products:


The monochrome flair, forget me not and seam binding in pink.


I cut the journal it sentiments spool in half and adhered one top left corner and the other bottom right to help keep the layout balanced.

Here is an quick tutorial for how I made the FWAB flourish flow across the page.


I always try to achieve balance in my layouts, so to place the flourish on one side was not going to happen. I decided to cut a selection of the flourish into pieces as below. 


As you can see in the image below I always make sure I plan and place my layout before adhering. I also maximised the use of the tags I cut from my patterned paper by cutting them into two and place part at the top of the photo and the other half at the bottom.

Here is how I placed the pieces of the FWAB Chloe swirl I cut:


I then completed this layout by adhering all the papers and embellishments. My final touch was adding the seam binding bow, which I am now in love with and think I want all the other colours available here too :)

Hope my layouts have inspired you to get creating with the gorgeous D-lish Scraps products available in the store. I am still pinching myself that I was lucky enough to be selected to be a part of this team! 
Raquel xxx

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely amazing, just blown away and trying to type this fast so that I can go look at all the details again as I know there will be more I didn't see the first time, love it!

    ReplyDelete