Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Michelle Whorwood - February DT share

Hi everyone,

Hi it's Michelle here -- I'm super excited to be able to finally share my first few layouts that I have created with the gorgeous D-lish products and I'm really honoured to be part of the new D-lish Scraps design team.  

The first layout I'm going to share with you today is definitely one of my favourites and it is full to the brim of D-Lish products:


I just love that coral and minty green colour combination - it is so fresh and vibrant and is definitely a colour scheme that is perfect for Spring and Summer photos!  I just love using doilies and on this layout I have used two of the Paper Doiley Mini Heart 4 inch (white) one of which I have changed the colour by giving it a spray with some mist and the other I have kept plain and tucked in under my flower cluster.  I have also used a variety of gorgeous D-lish flowers including the Crochet flower 5cm triple layer - Green, Flower Chiffon Fancy - Apricot, and several of the Vintage Rose 3cm - Coral.   Resin pieces including the Resin Cameo Frame - Aqua (see below) and the Carved Resin heart - White.  To create gorgeous texture on my page I love using seam binding and added two bows one on the embellishment cluster at the top of my layout and also at the top of the resin heart.  at the top of my layout.  Finishing touches to the layout include the Resin Nested Bird - Blue, Heart Cabochons from the Grab Bag and Resin Forget Me Nots.  

 Close up of resin and coral vintage rose
Close up of flower cluster

My next layout has fun bright colour combo.  


One of things I love to do with embellishments is to think of interesting ways of layering them on my layouts.  In this layout, I have created a cute scalloped border with a hint of yellow using one of the Journal It's Scalloped Calendars - Yellow and also to create the half circle 'Love you' using the Journal It's Spool Top Sentiments (see detailed photos below).  Other products used are Chevron Buttons Mix C, Resin Flowers - Forget Me Nots, Sequins Aqua Blue and Resin Cameo Frame Round Grey.  



My last layout is my challenge entry over at Kraft It Up in which D-lish Scraps is one of the sponsors this month.  I have used another Paper Heart Doiley and a couple more of the Journal It's Spool Sentiments as well as a cute little Resin Bird 9 - dusty pink to hold up my other end of the washing line!


That's all I have to share today... keep watching the blog for more inspiration from the other members of the design team soon.

Take care
Michelle

5 comments:

  1. congrats and i love all of your creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the interesting way you use the embellishments Michelle!! well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle....I especially love the "bubble Love" page and may scraplift it with your permission. It is beautiful. My first parcel of goodies arrived from D Lish scraps, yesterday and they are amazing, can't wait to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool Mich
    love ya work babe

    ReplyDelete