Sunday, February 10, 2013

Freebie time + a mini tutorial

With Valentines Day just around the corner, I thought it was a great opportunity to share a mini tutorial plus offer a freebie for you all! I have designed this awesome Valentine inspired printable for you all to download for FREE and use in your crafty projects!


The super cute ovals are 30mm x 40mm, a perfect fit for our DIY cameo making kit, just $2.00 for a set of 5 from the store. I also added on the sheet some matching journaling cards that measure 2" x 3". You can find the download link for the file in PDF format under the freebies tab on our website. (Please note the TOU on the printable)

As a little 'how to' today I'm going to show you how I made my own cameo using the printables and the finished layout I used it on.

I began by laying out my base, I cut out a frame from my 12x12 paper, and then filled the gap with a contrast colour. I toned down the section where my photos and embellies would go by swiping on a little gesso with a foam brush.


While I had my gesso out I also added a coat to my DIY cameo frame. I wanted to keep mine white, but after you have added the coat of gesso, which acts as a primer, you could paint it any colour to suit your project.


I then carefully adhered the epoxy seal, included in the kit, over the design I wanted to use for my layout. Then all you need to do is carefully cut around the edge and adhere it in the frame.


Here is the finished frame on the page, a very effective technique I'm sure you'll agree. I've also added to the cluster, a 3cm Vintage Rose in coral, a Medium Rose in pink and a Large resin rose from the grab bag (due back in stock next week).


Here's the finished page titled 'Love You Two'


I made a banner using the new Large Wooden Heart shaped buttons and some Cotton Twine in pink & cream.


My second embellishment cluster is made up of another Vintage Rose and Medium Rose, 2 Faceted Heart Beads on Berry pins, a Mint Daisy (new stock to be added soon) and a Glass Heart Cabochon I made. You can find the tutorial for making these cabochons and pins here.


One last close up to show the Paper Heart Doiley and Bicycle Page Slider, both available in the store also.


I hope you enjoyed my little mini tutorial and don't forget to download you FREE printable.

One last thing before I leave you, we need to draw the winner of our Australia Day Blog Hop!

If this is you please email me (link in top of the sidebar over there --->) with your full name and postal address so I can send your Just Add Paper - True Blue kit out to you.

Hope you have all had a relaxing weekend, preferably filled with creativity!

Till next time
Amanda x

4 comments:

  1. So cute Amanda, and it looked even better in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely layout. I like how you have done the border.

    ReplyDelete