Thursday, January 24, 2013

Raquel Bowman - January DT Share

Raquel's Blog: A Blessed Life 


Hey everyone,

Raquel here ready to share some layout inspiration using the gorgeous D-lish products available in the store.

Currently in scrapbooking a trend that is emerging is the use of anything sparkly; glitter and sequins being the popular items :) So the gorgeous metre length sequin string available in the store here seemed perfect for me to jump on the bandwagon.

I want to highlight in this post today the versatility of this product. This product of course is perfect as a trim but it is also perfect to be used like twine to be manipulated and positioned in flourish designs.

Here is the layout I created:

Layout title: Hello Funny Face



D-lish products used: 
Bitty Blooms - pink and white
Flair - Monochrome patterns pink
Sequins- yellow
Tiny Heart Buttons grab bag

Other products: 
White cardstock, black cardstock, AC Dear Lizzy Papers, Charms Creations lollipop, AC Tag and Die Cuts

I am a cut, place, layer and glue at the VERY END scrapper, therefore, before adhering this trim I already had my layout design planned, cut and ready to adhere. Once adhered I go to my D-lish goodies and add the final touches like resin flowers, buttons, washi, etc.


I began by placing the trim roughly in the flourish design I was after. Once I was happy with it I adhered it with my glue pen approx. every 2cm along the string length. 



Once adhered and dry I was then able to add my final finishing touches with the gorgeous D-lish products I have in my stash.




The gorgeous new flair and bitty blooms available in store.



I have also created another layout which is for the scrapbooking challenge site Show us your Stuff which was to take the following picture as inspiration 


Here is my layout:

Layout titled: One Month


D-lish Products used:
Resin Nested Bird - Pink
Forget Me Nots - Turquoise
Carnations - Pink
Petite Resin Rose Grab Bag

Just loving the carnation teamed with the nested bird, think I definitely want more :)



Well I hope I have inspired you on my first share for the D-lish team. I want to say a big THANKS to Amanda for choosing me to be a part of the team, what an honour.

I'm looking forward to creating more to share with you next month :)

Raquel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment