Monday, November 5, 2012

Three cute D-lish shares for you by Chantal! :)

Hi everyone!

How is everyone?  Great, I hope!


Well today I've got three cute layouts using D-lish Scraps' goodies to share with you all!


You may of already noticed, but for those who haven't or don't know me very well, I just LOVE colour!  ALOT!!!


So today, I'll start with my brightest coloured layout, then work down to my most subdued coloured layout... just 'cause I can!  Lol!


This first layout is based on the current sketch challenge at My Creative Sketches.  This sketch was perfect for the vertical elements in my layout and it also uses one focal photo...




I love this photo of Lucy having her very first koala cuddle.  She was so proud to hold him all by herself... he is a big boy!! :)



I've decorated all my chipboard easily with acrylic paint and then once dried, I've outlined and doodled on them with a Uniball Gel Impact pen.  Love the striking look this technique gives!

I've also used a chipboard sun on my layout.  I've used the outer "rays" part and I've put a journalling spot underneath for some (you guessed it!) journalling.



The other D-lish goodies here (other than the above mentioned Journalling Spot), are four Journal It's Note Strips - Rainbow, a green Resin Rose, Resin Mini Dove, Resin Heart, Washi Tape and Carnival Tickets.

My next layout is called "You 2 Have Caught the Travel Bug!"...


I've made my own "world" by using a compass and pencil, followed by adhering stickers around the circle (the idea actually came from some the stickers) then outlining both the circle and around the stickers with a black Sharpie marker and then cutting around the outer edges.



I absolutely adore these D-lish resin birds and I can never ever get enough washi tape... (like, EVER!) ;)



I've been rippin' out the ol' sewing machine lately...



I machine stitched through my title for a bit of visual anchorage... plus I don't trust those Thickers over washi tape.. especially when they are partially layered over more Thickers! ;)


And now I've shared two colourful graphic-style layouts with you I'd like to share something just a little bit different - a somewhat "elegant-style" wedding layout.  I have used October 15th's Sketch at Stuck?! for this one, entitled "Laura & Robert"...




I have used the actual wedding invitation on my layout to form part of the journalling and for the title.  The invitation was so simple and elegant and it had all the vital information about the first wedding that my girls have attended.

I used decorative scissors to cut a square shape (similar in size to the photos) from the original invitation (which was originally postcard size) and I've tab punched two other parts of the invite and tucked them under the photos.

Here's a close-up of the two gorgeous Old Fashioned Roses and the lovely two-toned Medium Rose that I've used...



The little addition of that Charm Key really added that something extra to the title square, don't you think?  It's very detailed... love metal charms - especially when they are that particular "vintage dirty gold" colour. :)

Plus I've also used a Mini Rose and Small Rose at the top of my layout...



Well I hoped you have enjoyed my new layouts using a small selection of D-lish's vast range of awesome embellishments available in store!  There's always new stock coming in and it's so exciting to check out what's available!

TFL & Cheers!
Chantal
xo  

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty work, I love 1st photo, have one like that too:)

    ReplyDelete