Monday, September 24, 2012

Hello everyone! Chantal here with you today!! :D

Hi there!  I hope my post finds you all well!  

I have three layouts to share with you today - all using some lovely goodies available from D-lish Scraps.  I simply can't create a layout without a bit of D-lish on it!

Here is my first layout, "Sweet Butterfly Kisses", based on a recent Skissedilla sketch...


I have used FWAB Elise Silver Flourish, cut into two pieces.  I've kept the gorgeous flowers that you get in the pack for another project.  I wanted to use butterflies instead to match my layout's theme! :)


The Yellow Resin Butterflies from D-lish Scraps are absolutely gorgeous!  You get a pack of five to play with and I've used them all on this layout!  And at 50 cents for all five... why not?!  Lol!  

I have layered the butterflies on top of Jenni Bowlin butterfly stickers (which come with those round alphabet stickers... cool!).

My next layout has been created using a recent Creative Scrappers sketch.  It's called "Captured Memories"...



I've used some gorgeous Medium Polka Dot Buttons on the top left of my layout...



And I've used FWAB Elise Antique Brown Flourish on my layout, cut up into three pieces...



Here is a close up of the main piece I used.

Other than the flourish, you also receive two stunning flowers and some extra rhinestones.  I have already used the flowers on another project, but this handmade one did just the trick.

I have adhered the extra rhinestones in the middle of some of the larger flourish swirls.




Here is another piece of flourish, made to look like a "kangaroo bounce".  Lol!



And here is the third piece at the top right corner.  :)

I've also done a fair bit of "upcycling" on this layout.  I have used some clothing tags, postage stamps and a mandarin bag. :)  Actually almost all my layouts have "upcycled" stuff on them... the first layout made use of a Body Shop gift bag, which really suited the American Crafts Amy Tangerine Sketchbook patterned papers!  Lol!

The final layout I'm going to share with you is based on a recent Stuck?! sketch and it's called "A New Dress"...


I've pulled embellies apart here, namely the Prima flowers.  The gold filagree disc was part of another flower that I pulled apart and the large flower has been dissected too and I've used the bottoms from Kaisercraft flowers on them, some old plain green Kaisercraft flowers, and I've added a D-lish Carved Resin Heart and the resin oval was originally from the large Prima flower. 

I am really loving these big D-lish Carved Resin Hearts!  They measure approx 2" and they have such lovely detail, too!  I've used the light pink one here.



I've used FWAB Jack Vine - Green along with some left-over Kaisercraft wooden flourishes, that I'd used on another layout previously.I've also used D-lish's Journal-It Days of the Week - White on my layout... cut up in a fun way!I really seem to go through paper dollies on my layout... especially when I realise I've glued like 3 layers on the layout... by mistake!  Lol!  I've used two different sized paper doilies on here... and they can be found here, inshore.

Now I don't know if you can tell by the photo, but if the main photo looks a bit 3D-ish, that's because it kind of is.  Through a mis-hap with glue I had to print another identical photo out and because the embellishments were already glued around it, I fussy-cut around the photo and adhered it over the top of the original photo with foam tape.  Most of the time for me, stuff-ups work out in a positive and creative way.  I embrace the stuff-up!  :)

That's all from me for today, have a great week!!!

Cheers,
Chantal
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment