Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday Share with Kate McCulloch

Hello there everyone!
It's Kate McCulloch here and I am very excited to be on the D-Lish Scraps Design Team for the remainder of 2012. This is a fantastic opportunity, and I have grabbed it with both hands & ran with it!
Today I am kicking off the start of regular blog posts by the Design Team girls, each week you will be able to come to the blog here and catch up on what is new at D-Lish Scraps when it comes to products etc. But also so we can try and inspire you with some ideas, tips, step by steps and techniques.

For those who may not know my scrapbooking style, I like to use lots of bits and pieces. I like to start with my base and add mists and paints. I like using masks and templates. After this initial part, I add strips of washi tape and pieces of patterned papers. I can then add my photo, cluster my embellishments, add some stamping, my title, and journaling. I find it really important to write SOMETHING on a layout with my handwriting, it personalises it for me.

Lately, I tend to use a lot of different colour combinations that I probably wouldn't have thought of using before.

I am going to share with you some photos of a layout I have done today specifically for this blog post.





1. As you can see, I don't clean my masks (nor my stamps for that matter). Mostly I am just lazy!! I have sprayed my page using a mask and Chalkboard mist.



2. You can tell I am not pedantic or a perfectionist!! There are no mistakes in scrapbooking!!

3. (Excuse my fingers!) At this stage I love to use my Jenni Bowlin Paint Daubers to swipe some paint on my base.



4. I take yet another mask (all dirty lol) and use my sponge brush dipped in paint.


5. I do the above randomly on my base and then swipe the excess paint on the sponge brush on my page as well. No wastage!



6. This is where you can start to layer your papers and photo. I have used washi tape, patterned paper and strips of border stickers. You don't want to go overboard and cover up too much of the work you have done on the base of your page.

7. Start to layer your embellishments- I like to do mine so it's traveling in some sort of direction on my page for the eye to travel. Start by focusing on your larger embellishments and then group your smaller embellishments around it.

8. Add title, journaling, and stamping.

Some close ups:






And the layout:


The products I have used from D-Lish are:
Wild Rose
(the Wild Roses are one of my most favourite items! So many great colours and they have a nice texture which makes the paint stand out on them really well)
Old Fashioned Rose
Printed Wooden Button
(these are super fun, especially the ones I used with the hearts on them.. I am ALL about HEARTS at the moment!)
Resin Flowers
(they cluster beautifully!)
Roses
Paper Leaves
Washi Tape
(you cannot have too much!! So many different colours and styles and D-Lish has soooo many to choose from)
Cotton Twine
Resin Polka Dot Button
Cherry Blossom
Pin
(simply stab these into your flowers for a pretty addition to your layout!)
and a crochet doily which came in the last "Just add Paper" kit- Yellow & Grey (which are a big hit and you should try and snap one up quick smart each time they are on sale!!)

and last but not least, a Flourish with a Bling Grace Latte Pearl flourish which is also for sale in the D-Lish store.

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you feel a tad bit inspired to use any of the above products (and more) from D-Lish Scraps. Would love to hear from you, so leave a comment :)
Love Kate xo

P.S. Stay tuned, it won't be long until the winner's of the Birthday Blog Hop are drawn.

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kate! Love it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Awesome post!!! Thanks for sharing this Kate!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work as always Kate...love it, and love all your clustering of the fab embellies :-: such a cute pic playing peek a boo too. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Kate and an awesome layout as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout!! Thank you for sharing the step by steps with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your messy look. No matter what I do, mine always turn out neat. You would never guess from looking at my room

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Can't wait to try some of these ideas out!

    ReplyDelete